I40 Meal - Pizza Express Newbury

The Uk's largest lans, annually attended by ourselves.

Re: I40 Meal - Pizza Express Newbury

Postby Sazz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:59 pm

Sorry to be a pain in the ass but I do object. I will be choosing the cheapest thing on the menu to avoid spending money because I don't have a job right now. So I will be paying for mine and mine only :)
Sazz

Postby Mohunky » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:08 pm

Paying did cause a dilemma last time.. which is a mite ghey. I kinda agree with Sazz in that if some people are purposely not trying to spend much but then have to pay the average its unfair.

Perhaps split it into groups. If like 4 people wanna go as cheap as they can, they have one bill.. then the rest who wanna drink like fish on another bill. Seems fairest. Splitting individually aint happening and people will never keep track of their own costs. there'll always be a someone (usually amongst the big spenders) that'll lose track of what they owe.

So maybe at the event decide who doesn't want much and who wants to go crazy, split them up. atleast it'll make it easier and people wont feel ripped off.

*EDIT* btw I didn't mean sitting in seperate groups... jsut paying in seperate groups... easy to do.
Last edited by Mohunky on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter what you do with the rest of your life, you'll never be as cool as a bull-riding monkey!
Mohunky

Postby Dash » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:27 pm

I totally agree with Sazz and Mohunky. Last time it was definitely a problem and some people WILL spend a lot more than others, but then expect to pay the same as everyone else, which is going to cause a bit of an argument if it happens again this year.

In the interest of not ruining several TO'ers enjoyment on the very first night, lets try to keep track of who's had what and if it gives the waiter/waitress a bit of grief then he/she will just be doing his/her job.

Edit: since it's pizza express we might just be able to get a series of tables for 4 near each other and then pay per table (we can still tip them 10% of course).
Total Oblivion Staff - Administrator
Dash
Admin

Postby lancew » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:39 pm

The stats might be aweful, but they're mine.
lancew

Postby Sazz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Haha...Oh dear. If it is going to cause too many problems then I am happy to just stay and game tbh.
Sazz

Postby Mohunky » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:52 pm

Thats right Lance... you hide your face in shame :P
No matter what you do with the rest of your life, you'll never be as cool as a bull-riding monkey!
Mohunky

Postby snowwhite » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:54 pm

lols, lance what did you expect. People, me included, are not going to want to pay for someone elses beers all night when all they had was one coke or whatever. It is a pizza express though, no a TGIs so the atmosphere will be different and I don't think people will be drinking as much as if we were at a TGIs.

There are a few ways round this, smaller groups makes it a lot simplier, and maybe any second drinks and onwards are paid for at the time of ordering (ie - go to the bar) not put them on the bill.

Just my 2p.
snowwhite

Postby lancew » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:17 pm

OK thats fine. Group up into 4s should be alright.

Do you have an exit buddy?
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H3YLq-yZFjY"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H3YLq-yZFjY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Edit: Somebody sort out that insert link please. can't work out which link to put in
Last edited by lancew on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
lancew

Postby Biofen » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:19 pm

Silly brits, can't even keep track on what they buy.
Biofen

Postby Mohunky » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:04 pm

Biofen wrote:Silly brits, can't even keep track on what they buy.

I happen to be very good at keeping track of waht i eat... start at the top of the menu and remove anything that contains Caviare or Jelly. Add all the rest together and it wont be far wrong. :smt027
Mohunky

Postby lancew » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:34 pm

snowwhite wrote: any second drinks and onwards are paid for at the time of ordering (ie - go to the bar) not put them on the bill.

Just my 2p.

That would save alot of headaches.

Fine. I'll pay it on the night and you can individually internet bank me the money. I'll run up a charges sheet in the morning/when we get back. Does that sound better?

After the 1st round of drinks I'll ask for it to be off the bill. We can always go to a pub on the way back. I'll find one.
lancew

Postby drax0r » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:15 pm

Guys you realise they give you this thing called a receipt right?

On said paperback item, usually lists the evenings consumed grub, and their relavant prices.. :smt017
Start your own ecommerce website with Tiger Commerce
drax0r

Postby lancew » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:57 pm

I just want to make this as simple as possible on the night. Having to pay seems to put a downer on things if you have to spend 20min charging people.

I'll can take the receipt and then work it all out later, its not a problem. But if someone wants to take charge on the night and divide up all the numbers for me thats fine. But volunteer now :D
lancew

Postby Nolan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:24 am

lancew wrote:OK thats fine. Group up into 4s should be alright.

Do you have an exit buddy?
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H3YLq-yZFjY"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H3YLq-yZFjY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Edit: Somebody sort out that insert link please. can't work out which link to put in

"Loyalty until Death, Strength in Unity!"
Nolan
Admin

Postby lini » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:31 pm

Everyone should just get drinks at the bar and then ask to all pay seperatly at the end, it isnt that much hassle at all. Waitresses dont seem to mind that much, unless you are like me and always go in groups of 9 or under and ask what the price is without the added on 10%.
lini

Postby Nojjy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:11 pm

As long as people have key stage 3 maths and don't just bring 50 pound notes I think we can sort something out.

The waiter / waitress can give us the bill and wait for us to sort it out - if they stand around like a lemon then it's their fault

Just draw some cash out before hand and bring some change!!
Nojjy

Postby Dash » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:37 pm

Biofen wrote:Silly brits, can't even keep track on what they buy.

Shut it unless you are coming to I-series?

Wait, are you coming to I-series? No didn't think so. :smt019
Dash
Admin

Previous

Return to Multiplay iSeries Lans