Bristol Pub Lan

General chat that doesn't concern gaming

Bristol Pub Lan

Postby Sin » Thu May 31, 2012 10:22 am

Hi guys

Just a quick post to see if any of you would be interested in a regular lan party me and some friends are in the process of maybe setting up? It will be at a friends pub in St Werburghs so beer on tap 

Its still an idea in the works and we are looking for input from people we know who play games and like lan’s. Below is the details we have sent out to get feed back. Let me know if it sounds like a good idea, if you or anyone you know would be interested and if you have any ideas / comments about it?

I am thinking of setting up a regular lan party @ the Farm pub and wanted to get some feed back from you all. Mainly if you would be up for it or not, what day to do it and what sort of thing you would want from it.

I have had a couple of ideas which i have posted below, so please comment and put any other ideas you have down.

1) would you be up for a regular lan party? If so how often?
2) what day would be best for it?
3) what games / genres would you want played?
4) Do you have any suggestions for it?

This would obviously be a BYOC (bring your own computer) event so would require you to bring your rig to the venue.

so far the ideas I have had for this are as follows.

Over the course of 5 / 6 hours

FPS - Death match / Teams / 1 on 1 championship

Racing - Group race / 1 on 1 championship

RTS - All vs ALL

Wan Take over - This would involve all players logging onto the same public server and working as a team to pwn it.

Competitions - There will be a running leader board with the winner of each event getting a small trophy that will be kept by them untill they are beaten. Each event the game within the specific genre will change giving everyone a fair chance to win and keeping it interesting. There will also be a prize of some sort (dont get your hopes up, it will most likely be cupcakes of some sort) I believe i will be bale to display the competition finals on the big screen tv as well for added enjoyment.

Drinking games - If we have it on a week day then we could say every 4th Event ect we will have it on a weekend night so we can get nice and pissed up while playing with drinking games?

The Games

Well we would obviously have the classics in there as well as some new titles. for any games that players dont have im sure we can find some way of installing them for free (wink wink nudge nudge)
My list so far of games to play as as follows;

Unreal, Quake, counter strike source, battlefield 3, Dirt, GT 4/5, command and conquer, supreme commander, warhammer,
Dawn of War series,Command & Conquer series, Left4Dead & L4D2

Just a small list of possible games to get the ball rolling.

So let me know what yall think and I will look into setting it up if there is enough interest.

Cheers

Adam

-= Commander of the CAKE army =-
Sin

Return to Offtopic